It’s hard to believe another year is quickly coming to an end and the New Year is fast approaching. If you’re planning to be out and about to ring in the New Year, here are a few tips to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- If you’re traveling by car and plan to consume alcohol, make sure you have a designated driver in your group. Better yet, leave the driving to us, so you can relax and enjoy the evening. It’s one of the busiest days of the year for car service so book ahead to reserve your car.
- If you plan to consume alcohol, pace yourself and stay hydrated by alternating alcoholic drinks with water or juice.
- While it’s fun to share where you are on social media sites, be aware that you are publicly alerting others that you are not at home.
- Unfortunately, New Year’s Eve can sometimes bring out the worst in people. If you notice someone acting irrational or erratic, either move away or leave the venue.
- Donât leave drinks unattended. It only takes a moment for someone to slip something into your drink.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before you leave. (You might need it to find your friends, report an incident or book with GroundLink if you need a ride home!)
However you choose to ring in the New Year, here’s hoping you have an enjoyable time spent in the company of those who matter most to you. And on behalf of the entire GroundLink team, we want to wish you a Happy New Year!