Many GroundLink drivers forget to prioritize their health as they only focus on their job. As a result, many of them gain weight and can be facing future health issues. Studies say sitting for too long is the new smoking and can be extremely harmful. The majority of the drivers spend their time sitting with little or no movement, some go for five to eight hours straight without getting of the car.
Here are some ways drivers can work out daily while still doing their job:
- When you’re on duty for a ride, do not sit in your car, take your phone and take a walk around your car or block.
- When you get a ride and arrive to pick up a fare, get outside the car, stand outside and be on the lookout for your rider.
- When your rider comes, help out with the luggage and open doors. On arrival at the destination, open the door and help with the luggage again.
- Get a gym membership and workout during the off-peak hours, between rides, and when you drop off OT pickups. Blink, Planet Fitness, and the YMCA can be found everywhere along your route to or from OT pickups. To find a fitness center around you, all you need to do is enter “gym” in your Waze navigation app.
We have listed some of the most common workout facilities down below that may require memberships but are worth it:
- YMCA ( Which can be found everywhere around your state)
- Planet Fitness
- 24 Hour Fitness
Check out this article about the effect of sitting for too long: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sitting/faq-20058005Tags: driver app, drivers, groundlink, workout tips